Center for Relationship Abuse Awareness- http://stoprelationshipabuse.org/get-involved/guys-getting-involved/what-men-can-do-to-stop-relationship-abuse/
Be Aware of…
- Negative effects of pornography
- Rape: more common than most people know.
Speak up against…
- Disrespectful treatment in relationships
- Sexual harassment
- Lack of consent: don’t EVER have sex with someone against their will
- Any sort of abusive behavior
White Ribbon Campaign, Canada-
- Think about the kind of man you want to be. Be true to yourself.
- Be respectful towards women, girls, and other guys. Sexism and homophobia hurts us all.
- Never use force, threats, or violence in your relationships with others.
- Ask first. Whether it’s holding hands, kissing, or more, it’s important to communicate.
- Wear a white ribbon and speak out against violence against women.
- Be a good role model and share with those around you the importance of respecting women and girls
- Learn about the impact of violence against women in our communities.
- Challenge and speak out against hurtful language, sexist jokes, and bullying.
- Accept your role as a guy in helping end violence against women. It affects everyone.
It Starts With You- http://www.itstartswithyou.ca/index.cfm?pagepath=EDUCATORS/Tips&id=33799
Promote gender equality in your school.
Remember and commemorate important dates.
Foster leadership in male students and colleagues.
Teach boys the language of equality.
Challenge sexism, homophobia, and degrading language.
Help young people learn what consent means.
Teach good boundaries.
Identify and reach out to allies.
Engage in lifelong learning.
Consider your reaction to gender inequities in the workplace.
Promote gender equality as a man’s issue.
Develop ground rules and promote equality values.
Create safe spaces to talk about personal experiences of gender inequality.